Monday, November 17, 2008

Roy Guests On L' Antichambre

Patrick Roy, whose jersey will be retired by the Canadiens in a pre - game ceremony on Saturday, will be the quest tonight on RDS's nightly hockey chat, L'Antichambre.

Host Alain Crete, along with Michel Bergeron, Jacques Demers, and Bertrand Raymond will be discussing the career achievements of Roy, and the show airs at 9:30 this evening. Roy will be joined by Jacques Tanguay, his co - owner on the Quebec Remparts, as a discussion of junior hockey will also be involved.

Count on some surprises from the L'Anrichambre team, including some top 10 Roy moments and a statistical quizzing of Roy - a fanatic of such things.

I will be running a few pieces on Roy this week, leading up to Saturday's ceremony before the Bruins game. Take note that the ceremony will begin at 6 p.m.

This weekend I began to read "Winning, Nothing Else", Roy's biography written by his father Michel. In a contest a Greatest Hockey Legends some weeks back, I was the lucky winner of the bio, in a Wiley Books contest giveaway. Once I'm a deeper into the book, I'll add my thoughts here.

One small interesting detail - trivial as it might be - occurred during Roy's first season playing goal when he was nine. His Atom travel team was selected to put on a shootout show at Le Collissee in Quebec City, between periods of a Nordiques and Chicago Cougars WHA match in 1973. The Cougars coach that night, was none other than Jacques Demers.

Back in September, I posted some content having to do with overcoming the controversy of his departure from Montreal, a flashback to his Hall Of Fame induction speech, and a really strange dream I had of how his night would go down. You can check them out at the links posted below.

Roy Jersey Retirement A Ribbon On A Gift To Younger Fans And Old

Patrick Roy Hockey Hall Of Fame Induction Speech - Inside The Heart And Mind Of A Driven Persevering Warrior

Patrick Roy - In My Dreams!


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on Roy's place among the elite. I would love to get your feedback Robert.

http://fantasysensehockey.blogspot.com/2008/11/patrick-roy-best-of-all-time.html

Wamsley