Sunday, October 15, 2006

Creepy Canada Cornwall Jail Death Scene



Last December, I was offered a chance to participate in the filming of a Creepy Canada episode filmed at our local jailhouse. The Cornwall Jail has a long reputation of being haunted and the location was chosen to re-enact stories from the past surrounding the myths of such hauntings.

My part, playing Father Rudolph Villeneuve, was quite small. I had one brief scene where a murder suspect kills himself at my feet rather than confess to me. The crew shot it three times from 3 slightly varying angles. They then filled a pair of closeups. The spoken dialogue between the murderer and the priest, we were told, would be narrated over.

It was a fun and intersting night. The actors, of which I hardly consider myself one, sat about for 6 hours while waiting for our scenes to be shot. I was fitted for a wardrobe after 4 hours wait and commuted back and forth from my wife's Christmas party that night.

For my talents, hold your laughter, I was paid the grand sum of fifty bucks flat - I made a little over $8.00 an hour. I haven't been paid that little in ages. We were supposed to receive a DVD copy of the show, which was called Episode 10, season 3. I never received it! Creepy Canada airs on OLN at various times during the week, with schedule changes every other month. I filmed this clip off my own VCR copy from the TV. It is my simple scene, my so called 15 minutes. I come in it at around the 22 second mark. Have a laugh!

5 comments:

Tapeleg said...

All I can say is, Welcome to Showbiz! As stupid as it sounds, musical theatre is a lot more exciting of a life.

reality check said...

My illusions were crushed, probably somewhere at birth!

Zanstorm said...

Right on, man!
Those fuckers never gave you the free DVD? Geeziz!

chrisstevensonlol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
reality check said...

well that's Hollywood, uh er, I mean Kingston also I guess!