Monday, January 08, 2007

EOTP All Star Selections




















As we are on the eve of the All-Star game starting lineups been announced, I thought I'd throw my picks out there just gauge how close I'll be on them. Starting lineups seem to be foregone conclusion at this point - and don't even ponder the Rory storm - he ain't goin' - voted in or not!

These picks are always difficult as many worthy players are left out each year. The names in CAPS are the fans choices as I write this. Names in brackets are players equally worthy as the teammate I have chosen - it's pretty well take your pick!

I tried, but couldn't find any reference to whether the respective coaches from each conference must take a player from every single team. I'm thinking they did away with that format a few years back. I could be wrong. I would appreciate if someone could point out where I could establich that one way or another.

In any event, I covered my tail my adding a player from the two teams per conference that were left out, ( Islanders, Flyers, Blue Jackets, and Coyotes).

I'm not going offer any arguments for those I've chosen below, but i'd like to know if you have one. I think their seasons speak for themselves.

EAST

CROSBY Pit
OVECHKIN Was
BRIERE Buf
Hossa Atl
Kovalchuk Atl
Lecavalier TB
St. Louis TB
Jagr NYR
Shanahan (Straka, Nylander) NYR
Brind'Amour (Cole, Staal) Car
Sundin (Tucker) Tor
Heatley Ott
Malkin Pit

CAMPBELL Buf
SOURAY Mon
Chara Bos
Markov Mon
Bowmeester Fla
Rafalski NJ

MILLER Buf
Brodeur NJ
Huet Mon

NYI (Jason Blake) PHI (Gagne)

Close But No Cigar: Marc Savard, Martin Straka, Michael Nylander, Maxin Afinogenov, Saku Koivu, Thomas Vanek, Jason Spezza, Thomas Kaberle, Bryan McCabe

WEST

THORNTON SJ
MARLEAU SJ
SAKIC Col
Iginla Cal
Havlat Chi
Selanne Ana
Kariya Nas
Smyth Edm
Rolston Min
Zetterberg Det
Tkachuk Stl
Morrow Dal

NIEDERMAYER Ana
LIDSTROM Det
Pronger Ana
Phaneuf Cal
Visnovski LA
Zubov Dal

LUONGO Van
Kiprusoff Cal
Giguere Ana

CBJ (Vyborny) PHO (Perreault)

Close But No Cigar: Alexander Frolov, Anze Kopitar, Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Jarrett Stoll, Rob Blake, Marty Turco

No comments: